The Virgin Islands Association of Georgia, (VIAG) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization based in Greater Atlanta, Georgia
The purpose of the Virgin Islands Association of Georgia (VIAG) is to share Virgin Islands cultural and educational experiences with other Virgin Islanders in both the U.S. and our homeland and to extend such awareness within our communities as well as to provide outreach to the Virgin Islands.
Purposes of the Association:
- To promote closer fellowship among Virgin Islanders.
- To foster among Virgin Islanders a sense of connection and loyalty to the Virgin Islands.
- To promote and support the educational advancement of Virgin Islanders.
- To plan and implement social and cultural activities.
- To sponsor and coordinate conferences in order to inform Virgin Islanders of their homeland, its problems, its needs, its plans and its progress.
- To maintain direct, lines of communication with appropriate individuals and other Caribbean organizations in order to plan jointly for betterment of the Virgin Islands.
- To determine ways in which Virgin Islanders can contribute to the economic, social, and cultural progress of the Virgin Islands.